This is a quick and healthy recipe for a yellow Thai curry with sweet potatoes, asparagus and shrimps. It is a healthy low carb recipe and fits perfect in a healthy lifestyle diet.
Being a foodblogger isn’t an easy life sometimes. I bake and cook all week long to get create new recipes for you and of course we eat the food too. I’m not one who throws away food when somewhere else others have to go hungry to bed.
Easy yellow Thai curry – Healthy low carb recipe
But of course when you belong to the circle of people who gains weight easily, low carb recipes need to find their way into our lifestyle too. That’s why I created this delicious low carb yellow thai curry recipe.
Can I exchange the vegetables and the shrimps?
The recipe includes a huge variety of fresh vegetables such as sweet potatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and cauliflower. But of course the recipe can be easily adjusted with the vegetables you have at home.
The protein source in my recipe is mainly coming from the shrimps. You can exchange the shrimps with chicken or tofu. Its very delicious and nourishing with roasted cashews too.
That recipe is one of my favourite dishes, when I need a quick nourishing dinner after a long work day. I’m sure it will become one of your favourites too. You may like our healthy cheesecake recipe for 2 too.
We love to hear from you guys, please make sure to leave us some kind words and rate the recipe.
Sweet and comforting hugs <3 Nina
low carb yellow vegetable curry with shrimps
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste or 1 Package blue elephant yellow thai curry paste
- 50 ml oil peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 can coconut 400ml
- 1 small yellow onion 100g, cut into thin stripes
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cauliflower head small, about 300g cut into small florets
- 1 sweet potato small about 150g, cut into small cubes
- 4 green asparagus stalks cut into 3 cm pieces
- 8 raw shrimps fresh or thawed
- 150ml water
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep large pan and fry the curry paste in it for about 5 min.
- Add about 100ml of the coconut milk. Stir until everything is combined to a homogenous sauce. after that add the rest of the coconut milk, 1 tsp salt and stir it under. cook everything on medium heat.
- Add the water, sweet potato, oninon and cauliflower. Cook for 20 min.
- Add the asparagus, tomatoes and raw shrimps and if necesarry more water. and cook for 10 more minutes. Salt to taste.
- Enjoy <3