Honey Strawberry Cucumber Mojito is a refreshing tasty summer drink. It’s easy to make with just a couple of fresh ingredients.This is a perfect summer drink recipe especially for girl’s nights. The honey adds a lovely flavor to the refreshing taste of the cucumbers and strawberries paired in that delicious rum cocktail recipe.
Every spring when the weather is still miserable and awful, I’m longing for warmer temperatures and a vacation at the beach. I bet many of you can relate to that longing ?. When I’m in that kind of mood you will always find me in my kitchen creating summer dishes AND… drinks. When I’m creating a drink there will always be a virgin version too because….my kids insist that they get to enjoy a delicious mock drink too. We are family after all?.
strawberry cucumber mojito, mojito recipe, summer cocktail recipe, best summer drink, strawberry mojito e rum cocktail recile
How to make that deliciousness of a honey strawberry cucumber mojito cocktail.
First of all, this mojito drink recipe still contains the signature ingredients that makes a mojito: Light rum, mint leaves, brown sugar, ice and club soda. But I added a bunch of ingredients to add that special: Je ne sais quoi! That takes that summer cocktail to a whole new level .
- First we need a glass that can contain 300-400ml of fluid.
- Then I’m adding the cut strawberries, cucumber pieces, mint leaves, brown sugar and honey to the glass and muddle everything gently together. The flavors, juices and oils from the mint leaves should be released and the sugar and honey should be dissolved.
- I fill the glass with ice almost to the brim. I prefer crushed ice for that drink but ice cubes will do too.
- Now I’m pouring the rum over the ice. That drink tastes amazing with tequila instead of rum too. Just saying ?.
- At last I’m finishing that summer cocktail with club soda.
- For the garnish add some cucumber, strawberry and lemon slices to the drink and top with mint leaves and if you wanna be very fancy top it with a cucumber skewer .
Some thoughts on that best summer drink ever ?.
If you don’t have strawberries at hand red currents, raspberries, blackberries and even blueberries do the job just fine .
That mojito cocktail is still delicious without the cucumber slices but they totally add a refreshing Caribbean melon flavor to the mojito.
No rum at hand? Try it with tequila vodka or gin, maybe that was your flavour anyway. I really can’t decide if I favor it with light rum or tequila, truly a hard choice to make.
You NEED ICE otherwise this is not a drink but a warm runny sweet soup with booze ? . The most important thing though is to take your time, don’t make a drink between one door and the next.
AND lastly! Please don’t count the calories. A good drink is like a decadent piece of cake. It needs to be enjoyed to the fullest.
Strawberry sweet hugs Nina
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @twosisterslivinglife or hashtag #twosisterslivinglife. You can find us on Facebook too and Antonia and I would be more than happy if you followed us on our social media channels for more delicious food pictures and infos to what we are up to at the moment.
Oh…we have a couple of other delicious drink recipes. Maybe you would like to check them out too.
- Lilac blossom Margarita – a lovely floral spring tequila cocktail
- Summer nights Blackberry-Lavender Mojito
- Spiced Winter Blizzard – that holiday whiskey drink recipe is perfect for any rainy day of the year
Save this recipe for later – pin it on Pinterest!
Honey Strawberry and Cucumber Mojito – Best summer drink ever
- 1/4 lime cut into wedges
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 strawberries medium sized plus, quartered.
- 1/4 cucumber sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 40 ml light rum thats about 2 ounces
- 1/4 cup ice crushed
- soda for filling up
- In a glass muddle gently together the lime wedges, strawberries, brown sugar, honey and half of the mint leaves. The sugar and honey should be dissolved when finished and the mint oils and lime juice released.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice and pour the light rum over it.
- Fill the drink up with club soda.
- Stir, taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Optional: add some strawberry slices and lime slices for deco and garnish with the rest of the mint leaves and a skewered cucumber slice.