Jump to Recipe
A delicious and easy recipe for moist and fluffy carrot cake cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting.
The Carrot Cake is made of whole grain flour, brown sugar, coconut sugar, walnuts, raisins and yes carrots, but there is this secret ingredient which makes the cake extra special! Blended pineapple chunks! It makes it extra moist and delicious!
These carrot cake cupcakes are a modified version of my favorite Carrot Cake and are perfect for Easter as Easter Cupcakes with homemade bunny ears!
How to make the bunny marshmallow ears for Easter Cupcakes
- 6 Marshmallows for 12 Cupcakes
- 1 tsp dried raspberry powder
- 60 g sugar
- 1 tsp water
Whisk granulated sugar and dried raspberry powder in a small bowl. Add water and thoroughly stir until sugar is evenly coated.
This step you can omit if you only want to use the sugar for the bunny ears
Preheat the oven to 90°C. Spread the raspberry sugar mixture onto an prepared pan into an even layer. Place in the oven and turn off the heat. Let the sugar dry for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. If being used right away, the sugar doesn’t have to be completely dry, but must be stored. If there are clumps, use a rolling pin to crush into fine pieces.
Cut marshmallows in half diagonally. Immediately dip the sticky, cut side into the raspberry sugar. Position the marshmallows on the cupcakes to look like bunny ears.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for easy Carrot Cake recipes! It’s soo delicious and perfect for sharing!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup apple sauce + 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup blended pineapple Approximately 350g pineapple
- 2 cup whole grain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut shredded
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 100 g butter
- 170 g caster sugar
- 400 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- zest from one small lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liner
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and the oil together and then add the blended pineapple. Stir in the flour, sugars, baking soda and cinnamon until just combined. Carefully add the walnuts, carrots, desiccated coconut and raisins and don't overmix it!
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoons, divide the batter evenly onto the cupcake liner.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean at 180°C. Let it cool completely before frosting.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a standing mixer beat the butter and the sugar for 5 minutes. It needs to look very light! Then add the lemon juice and the lemon zests, beat shortly. Be careful when adding the cream cheese, you should only beat it for a short time like a minute until everything is well combined. Don't overmix it because then its too runny.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes and decorate with the marshmallow bunny ears
If you don’t like lemon cream cheese frosting, you can find a recipe for vanilla cream cheese frosting here.