These healthy brownie chocolate bliss balls with tahini and cardamom are the best energy bites you will ever eat. They are super easy to make and the added tahini, cardamom and tonic bean give these little treats a delicious unique flavour.
It’s the 7th week of self quarantine and we Austrian people are very lucky because we haven’t been hit very hard by the COVID-19 virus. The home improvement stores are already open again and with may 1st small business can open their doors again too. But why do I tell you this will you ask yourself? Well… all that time at home with nothing to do let me gain some weigh unfortunately . Thats why I started swiping the unhealthy food and treats with healthy treats and dishes. Therefore I needed a chocolatey sweet snack when my sweet tooth was calling me. Healthy brownie bliss balls were born.
Healthy chocolate brownie bliss balls with tahini and cardamom are my new favourite vegan, gluten free and dairy free treat
The chocolate bliss balls are my new favourite thing to snack on when my blood sugar is low 😉 or whenever I feel like I deserve some chocolate. What I love the most is the subtle flavour of cardamom, tahini and the tonka bean. These spices go so well with chocolate that I can’t believe I didn’t combine those flavours sooner.
Chocolatey brownie energy balls are the perfect healthy treat and so easy to make
For these vegan healthy treats you only need a blender and the ingredients of course. Even my kids love these little bites full of good ingredients.
- First you need nuts. To be honest you can use any nuts you have at home or prefer. I use a mix of cashews and other mixed nuts.
- Secondly I use pitted dates as a natural sweetener. I love the taste of them very much.
- The spices. Tonka bean and cardamom and a pinch of sea salt. When you don’t have these spices at home its all good just leave them out or use something else like cinnamon or vanilla extract.
- Nut butter. For my recipe I use of course tahini as one part and another nut butter like peanut butter or almond butter for example.
- At last the coconut milk. You can swipe the coconut milk for any other plant based milk of course.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: the cocoa powder is for the chocolate flavour and to cover the bliss balls.
Please make sure to rate the recipe and leave us some kind words <3 . We would love for you to tag us on Instagram or Facebook when you tried one of our recipes so that we can see. nothing makes us more happy.
Save the recipe for later or pin it to your Pinterest board. We are pinners.
Sweet healthy chocolatey hugs Nina <3
If you like the recipe you may wanna give Antonia’s back to school granola bars a try.
Vegan Brownie Bliss Balls with Tahini and Cardamon
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 2 cups dates pitted
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp nut butter peanut for example
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp tonka bean grated, you can use vanilla extract instead too
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder for coating
- Soak the nuts for 2 hours in warm water.
- Drain the nuts and put them with all the other ingredients but the half cup of cocoa for coating, into a blender.
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Put the batter into a bowl cover it and let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Form little balls about the size of 1/2 a tbsp and roll them in the reserved unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You can keep the energy balls up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in your fridge.´
- Happy snacking <3.