This is an easy and simple recipe for a homemade lilac blossom simple syrup. There are a view different options how to make the syrup durable. Its a wonderful syrup perfect for drinks, cocktails or as a drizzle for cakes.
Every spring Im waiting for our lilac bushes to finally blossom. Some years they blossom at the beginning of May but most of the time it’s already the beginning of June . We have 2 lilac bushes growing in our garden. I planted them about 10 years ago and for about 5 years there are enough blossom stems to make a syrup out of them.
How to make Homemade lilac simple syrup
Its super simple- You only need 4 things.
- Lilac flowers
- lemon juice
Recipe for 1 Liter:
- 750g water
- 750g white sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 16 lilac flower stems
- First give your lilac flower stems a good shake so that all the bugs are gone.
- In medium sized pot mix together the sugar and water and bring it to a boil. Set aside after that.
- Now add the lemon juice and all the lilac blossoms but without the stems to the hot syrup
- I let everything steep for 24 hours.
- After the 24hours I strain everything through a sieve and a linen. Bring everything to a boil once more for about 5 minutes and fill it in a bottle with a tight lid.
- Keep it in your fridge after opening it.
Things you can use your homemade lilac simple syrup for.
- First of all you can use it for a lot of backed goods for flavouring. I love to soak a lemony sweet loaf with lilac syrup. So good.
- You can flavour lemonades too but since I can’t make many bottles of that syrup my kids get lilac lemonades only on special occasions 😉
- It’s great for drinks like a lilac mojito or my favourite cocktail “Lilac blossom Margarita”
I hope you will enjoy my lilac simple syrup as much as I do . It’s one of my favorite things I’m looking forward to every spring.
Sweet hugs Nina
If you enjoyed my homemade lilac simple syrup recipe you may enjoy my recipe for homemade elderflower syrup too.
Say hello. Connect with us on our social media channels and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
what an ingenious idea, great creativity. This syrup must be exquisite. Beautiful evening. Silvie
Hello Silvie, thank you for your sweet reply. Its such a delicious flavour. One of my favourites .