This is a delicious Christmas cookie recipe for amazing light and airy Fairy Kisses Cookies. Sugar cookie base – Candy – Meringue on top. Most perfect for that special holiday season of the year and gone before you can count to 10 😉 .
Every year my kids start to celebrate their favourite season of the year earlier and earlier. This year though my boy already started with his favourite Christmas songs in August and Christmas movies have been watched by us since September. I know the movie “Kevin alone at home” by heart now 😉 .
Christmas Cookie recipes – that’s what I live for during the season 😉
But what I love the most about that most beloved festive holiday season is the smell of freshly baked Christmas cookies. All those wonderful spices and smells flowing through the house, that’s what Christmas is all about for me. I could forget myself in my kitchen, kneading up a festive yeasty deliciousness, preparing all the different doughs for at least 20 different Christmas cookies recipes. Yes, Im definitely a carb lover. And no I don’t care. Not during my favourite season 😉 .
Fairy Kisses Cookies – what to expect from my favourite Christmas cookie recipe
First of all, I didn’t invent that Christmas cookie recipe nor the name. I found that recipe about 16 years ago, yes I’m already that old ;-), in a baking magazine.
So what is that cookie all about:
That tiny beautiful gorgeous cookie has a simple sugar cookie recipe base. Then there is that super delicious “Toffifee” candy, which is a sweet deliciousness already on it’s own. And finally all that goodness is topped with an airy Pavlova like meringue .
That cookie gets baked for about 15 min, that’s where the oven works his magic 😉 . The heat melts that candy and the caramel and chocolate becomes that super ooey gooey mess and that meringue becomes that crisp and airy top but is still a little chewy inside.
And?!? Hope you are drooling right now!
Fairy Kisses are on my Christmas cookies baking list every year and every year I have to bake at least about 2 batches of them. It’s one of my favourite holiday recipes and it sweetens up the waiting for my family and I until Christmas eve <3.
Sweet fairy kisses and warm cookie hugs
Fairy Kiss Cookies – a unique Christmas cookie recipe
Sugar Cookie dough
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 egg
- 50 ml cream maybe more, maybe less
- 120 g sugar
- 48 pieces Toffifee candys
- 3 egg whites large
- 135 g white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
Sugar Cookie dough
- In a medium sized bowl cut the cold butter cubes into the flour until the butter cubes are pea sized crumbs.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the flour and assemble everything into a dough ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minute.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the meringue.
- Roll out the dough until less tham 0,5cm thick and cut out small round disks which a little larger in diameter than the Toffifee Candy.
- Put the disks on a baking sheet with about 5cm of space on all sides and put the Toffifee Candy with the flat side on top.
- Preheat the oven to 150°Celsius.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl of a standing mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat very well until the mixture is glossy and stiff .
- Sift the corn flour ovverthe egg whites mixture and add the vinegar.
- Fold everything under careful but thouroghly.
- Fill the mass into a piping bag with an extra large round or open star tip.
- Carefully pipe the meringue on top of the Toffifee Candy . Stay this way and let the meringue cover the whole candy.
- Repeat with all the other cookies.
- Place the baking sheets into the oven. Not more than 2
- Turn the heat down to 130 degree and bake the cookie sheets for about 15 minutes. Turn of the oven and let the baking sheets sit in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Carefully take out the baking sheets and let cool comlpetely on a dry place.
If you enjoyed that recipe maybe you wanna try our fluffy Blueberry Brioche Babka.
Don’t have time for the recipe right now ? PIN IT for later.