These Baileys Hazelnut Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are holiday perfection. The baileys liquor and vanilla extract give these cookies such a great deep flavor and dipped in chocolate are they just pure deliciousness. I found the recipe a long time ago in a Christmas cookie feature from “bake from scratch” and I always keep old magazines and never throw them away.
How to make Baileys Hazelnut Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts (85g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (133g)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (170g) plus 2 Tbsp (30g)
- 2 tablespoon baileys liquor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces (225g) chopped semisweet chocolate
1.In a food processor pulse hazelnuts and sugar until finely ground.
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer beat butter and hazelnut sugar until creamy 3-4 minutes. Add baileys, vanilla and salt and combine. Add flour and beat until combined and dough starts to come together. Turn out dough and shape into disk and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
4.On a lightly floured surface roll dough to 6mm(1/4inch) thickness. Using a cookie cutter dipped in flour, cut dough, retooling scraps as needed. Place on prepared pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5.Bake until lightly golden and tops and edges are set, for 14-16 minutes, rotating pans after 8 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes and the let cool completely on wire racks.
6. Melt chocolate over simmering water until glossy and smooth. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate and sprinkle with silver sprinkles, if desired.
If you enjoyed that recipe maybe you wanna try our Nina Fairy Kisses Christmas Cookies, one of my favorites!