Leckeres Nussecken Rezept in 2 Geschmacksrichtungen
This is my favorite CHRISTMAS COOKIE recipe ever. a crispy shortcrust base topped with fruity apricot jam, a sweet nutty filling and the ends are dipped in a shiny dark chocolate glaze. You can variate the flavor in combining different nuts. This recipe incudes the flavors walnut/hazelnut and almond/pumpkin seeds. These cookies are easy and quick to make.
Christmas season is my favorite time of the. It all starts with decorating the house with lots of Christmas lights a couple of days after the All Saints /All Souls Days. I start reading Christmas stories to my kids. And at last we start baking Christmas cookies come the first Advent Sunday. Its our very own tradition that I started with my little sister Antonia when she was a kid. <3 <3 <3
Nutty Triangels- things I love about this classic Austrian CHRISTMAS COOKIE recipe.
- First of all I love the combination of different flavors. Nuts, the fruity flavor of the apricot jam, dark chocolate.
- It’s an easy recipe. The most difficult steps about this CHRISTMAS COOKIE recipe is fitting the dough evenly into the baking tray, cutting the cookies. No biggie at all right?!? ?
- You get 80 cookies in a short time. Thats the most amazing thing ever. Its almost as quick as simple cut out cookies.
- You can variate the flavors in using different kind of Nuts, differently flavored jams or different kind of chocolates for the glaze.
- Lastly they taste sooooooo good and can be kept up to 3 weeks when stored in a cool place.
Nutty triangles – the most important steps about this cookie recipe
- Spread the dough evenly onto the baking tray. I’m using a knife to get even edges.
- Let the filling cool completely. It should only be slightly warm to the touch.
- Cut he cookies when its still warm a little bit. The best way to cut the dough into triangles is to lay the sheet on the kitchen counter . Its difficult to cut it when its still in the baking tray.
- The jam has to be without fruit pieces. A fine sieved one.
- The glaze: don’t leave the crumps in it. Take them out before you dip the next cookie corners into it. Otherwise you won’t be able to dip all cookies into it .
You can variate the flavor of the recipe in combining different nuts. My 2 favorite flavor Combos are:
- Ground walnuts & chopped hazelnuts
- Ground almonds & chopped pumpkin seeds
- Another great way to change the flavor is in using another jam. I thing of orange jam or black current jam.
- Chocolate glaze. If you don’t like the not so sweet taste of dark chocolate, try milk chocolate or white chocolate.
These “Nussecken” – Nutty triangles are perfect as a homemade gift. everybody loves cookies especially when they are as good and as unique as these. Promised you will be loved beyond measure , especially from your family of course ?. One last tip: put some fitted baking paper between the layers of cookies if you stack them into the cookie box. They are best enjoyed cold right out of the fridge at least thats the way I like them best. When I can still hear the chocolate cover break when biting into it❤️.
If you make these amazing cookies and you fall in love with all the flavors immediately, please say “Hi” and leave me some kind words and a 5 star rating ?. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram. What I love the most, is hearing from you.
Sweet cookie hugs
Are you looking for more delicious cookie recipes? Maybe you’ll find some more CHRISTMAS COOKIE recipes you’ll fall in love with.❤️
- Fairy Kisses – a unique Christmas Cookie recipe
- Vanilla Crescents
- Speculoos Gingerbread Cookies
- Boozy Chocolate Cake Moon Cookies
- Baileys Hazelnut Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Delicious tasting treat! My first time making them. Mine came out a bit more cake-like than crispy, shortbread -like. I had to convert all the measurements and perhaps added too much flour. Still delicious!
Hello Janet, I’m so happy that you like my nutty triangles so much. It’s definitely tricky to convert grams into cups and spoons. Those triangles have a bit of a chewy consistency because of the nutty topping but shouldn’t be cake-like. 🙈 Thank you for giving my recipe a try. I bake these cookies 3 times every season. My daughter just love these cookies so much. Have a lovely Christmas time . Nina ❤️
[…] Nutty triangles – crispy shortcrust base, fruity apricot jam a sweet nutty filling and a littl… […]