Jump to Recipe
This is a fabulous recipe for honey, quinoa, carrot & pear mini loafs. Delicious, moist and very addicting and dairy-free. Perfect to make in the spring time or for easter!
Is there a better way to pass the time at home than with cooking and baking and experimenting in the kitchen? no, right?!
To make the pears look this way like in the pictures I’ve used a dehydrator oven and dried the thinly sliced pears overnight. The best investment I’ve ever done buying this dehydrator, ever since I’ve made my own aple, pineapple and vegetable chips!
For the honey, quinoa, carrot & pear loaves, you can substitute the butter and the milk for dairy-free options and you can also use instead of the honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and if you made it please, tell us about it! 🙂 If you are like us at home, bored out of your mind we have some pretty amazing recipes, waiting for you on our blog!
Honey, Quinoa, Carrot & Pear Loaves
- 150 g quinoa cooked, cooled
- 120 g oats
- 160 g whole wheat flour
- 75 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g honey
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 60 g butter plant-based or regular; melted
- 180 ml milk nut milk or regular or dairy-free
- 2 medium carrots Coarsely grated
- 1 small pear coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 190°C. and prepare the mini-loaf pan; grease and line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine Oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add honey, egg, melted butter and milk. Stir in the cold quinoa (1 1/2 cups), grated pear and carrots until combined. Spoon mixture into the mini loaf pan until it reaches the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack, top side up. Add some honey to the tops and some air dried pear slices.