Take me to the recipe ASAP
This is a quick and healthy recipe for a delicious with blood oranges marinaded salmon rice bowl. It’s made in under 45 minutes has a lot of flavour. Wit the added veggies it is a perfectly balanced dish to include into a healthy and nourishing diet.
Easy blood orange marinated salmon rice bowl recipe is my favourite dish
I’m a huge fan of everything salmon. Thats why I always try to come up with some new exciting and flavourful recipes. Since it’s blood oranges season at the moment and I love the flavour of citrus fruits combined with savoury food, I thought why don’t I try combining both things and pair it with lots of delicious veggies for a nourishing rice bowl recipe.
I love the process of developing new dishes. I take special care when Im in the process of cooking something new. I do every step very carefully and deliberately. My little black notice book always by my side.
Salmon rice bowl – easy, healthy an delicious
Im very proud to say that my recipe isn’t only extremely delicious it has a lot of healthy beneficials too and therefore perfect for including in a healthy well balanced diet.
- Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids, a great source of protein and high in Vitamin B only to mention some of its healthy benefits.
- Kohlrabi is rich in both fiber and vitamin C. It is high in antioxidants and may help against inflammation and diabetes.
- Cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making them ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
- The avocado is a rather unique fruit. It is high in healthy fats, is incredible nutritious and among other things, it can help lower cholesterol and triglyceride.
Can I replace the ingredients ?
Please feel free to use any veggies you like for this bowl. Go with the season and use whatever you get at your local farmers markets.
You can change the blood oranges for normal oranges or any other citrus fruit available at the moment. I already used clementines and limes instead of the blood oranges.
If you make this salmon rice bowl, beside to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating!
I love to hear from you guys and of course , if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to to tag us on Instagram @twosisterslivinglife .
Warm hugs, yours truly Nina
You may also like our recipe for a vegetarian low carb lasagna <3
Blood Orange marinaded Salmon Rice Bowl with Veggies and honey soy sauce
blood orange marinaded salmon
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 300 g fresh salmon filet with skin 2 filets each 150g
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra vergin
- 150 g basmati rice uncooked
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 salt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 kohlrabi small
- 1 red bell pepper cut into slices
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp everything seasoning
- black pepper freshly ground
Blood Orange marinated salmon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius or 375 degree Fahrenheit.Slice one blood orange into thin slices and juice the second one.Mix together blood orange juice, honey, chili flakes, olive oil and salt to taste.Cut the salmon filet into 2 filets.Season the salmon filets on both sides with salt and pepper and put them with the skin down into an iron skillet or small casserole form.Drizzle the salmon filets with the blood orange marinade and let them rest for 5 minutes.Arange the blood orange slices on top and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes depending on how thick the filets are.
- Cook the basmati rice as said in the instruction with some salt and 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Season the bell pepper stripes with salt and sear them for 5 minutes with some olive oil.
- slice the cucumber and the peeled kohlrabi in half and slice them in paper thin slices by hand or with the help of a peeler. I used the peeler 😉Roll the veggie slices up.
- Slice the avocado in half and further slice the halves into thin slices.
- For the Drizzle mix together soy sauce, honey and peanut butter . Its easier when you warm the ingredients up a little in the microwave.
Aranging the bowls
- Arange the rice in a long row in the middle of the bowls.Put the baked salmon on top.the veggie roll ups go to the left and the right side of the salmon.Sliced avocado half on the bottom side of the salmon with the seared bell pepper stripes.Drizzle the veggie roll ups with the soy and honey sauce and sprinkle the avocado with some everything seasoning.Enjoy <3