Jump to Recipe
You will be in love with this easy and healthy celery soup! It’s delicious, comforting and fast to make! And vegan too! If you want your celery soup to be more creamy, you can add heavy cream or cashews!
Did you know that celery has a lot of health benefits? Yep, Celery fights inflammation, lowers cholesterol, lowers blood pressure and is super high in antioxidants. And there are a lot more!
Homemade sourdough bread croutons
I loooooove to serve my celery soup with homemade sourdough bread croutons! Following is how I always made them. It’s really simple, you just need 3 ingredients:
•sourdough bread, at least a day old, cut into, cut into cubes
•basil pesto to your tasting
Combine bread cubes, pesto and olive oil until evenly combined. Spread out onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 190°C for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Turn halfway through!
Please make sure to rate our recipe and leave us some kind words <3 . We would love for you to tag us on Instagram or Facebook when you tried one of our recipes so that we can see. nothing makes us more happy.
Save the recipe for later or pin it to your Pinterest board. We are pinners.
Easy Celery Soup
- 250 g celery
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 spring onion
- 110 g butter or vegan butter
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dill fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional) or replace with 1/2 cup cashews to make it vegan
- Combine finley chopped celery, roughly chopped potato, chopped spring onion and butter in a pot over medium heat, season with salt and cook, stirring until onion is tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a roiling boil, turn heat down and simmer until potatoes are tender, for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, and blend the soup with 1/4 cup dill. If you want it creamier just add 1/2 cup heavy cream or add 1/2 cashews at the beginnig with the potatoes, but you don't need to! It's really delicious without it too!