This is a wonderful recipe for easy braided brioche hearts. The best homemade Mother’s Day gift that can’t be missed on any breakfast or brunch table. Most importantly are my Brioche hearts fairly easy to make, extremely fluffy and taste absolutely perfect all on its own. Slightly sweet with a delicious buttery flavor.
Mother’s Day is coming in fast paces. Consequently I’m trying to come up with a delicious and edible gift with which I can surprise my mother. Of course I’m buying her flowers too but I know she loves and appreciates a homemade gift much more. Since I love creating different kind of breads I thought why not baking braided hearts using a rich and flavorful brioche dough. These hearts would be absolutely perfect for every breakfast or brunch table.
Mother’s Day recipe, Brioche recipe, sweet bread recipe, brunch recipe , breakfast recipe
What is important for this braided brioche hearts recipe?
- Firstly we have to make sure that the ingredients are at room temperature (Butter, eggs).
- Secondly proof the yeast. Proofing the yeast is the process where you dissolve the yeast with a little bit of sugar into the warm milk and let it rest covertly until the yeast is activated and gets foamy and bubbly.
- The most important thing for me is to measure my ingredients exactly thats why the amounts are noted down in grams. Weighing the ingredients is way more exactly than using cups.
- Im kneading the dough for about 10 minutes in my stand mixer or even longer when I’m using my hands. That is very important so that the gluten can develop properly .
- I give the dough enough time to rise. Don’t short cut this step. It’s risen properly when double in size.
- Don’t forget that second rising ! I let the dough rise a second time after forming the dough strings into hearts.
What I love about these easy Brioche hearts and why I think these are the best homemade Mother’s Day gift.
Since all the restaurants are still closed here in Austria most people will celebrate with their Mothers at home. For example I will surprise my Mom with an extended brunch. Above all a fluffy brioche bake is always a delicious brunch addition especially when homemade. right?!?
- The best thing about these sweet baked goods is that it can easily be baked by kids with a little help from their Dad or an older kid.
- My kids are always very proud of themselves when they can surprise me with something homemade.
- Forming these hearts will be a very fun occupation and a good way to spend some quality time together.
- I love the super soft and fluffy consistency.
- Brioche has always such a delish buttery flavor.
- This is the perfect edible gift for Moms who are in love with the city of love and have wanderlust.
- When you can’t meet with your mom on Mother’s Day because of covid but you want to leave a surprise on her front door.
- Your mom is a breakfast lover! I know she will love these brioche pastries.
- Lastly flowers are beautiful but can’t compare with something home baked .
- These hearts will transform every breakfast table into something special.
In the end…
There is nothing more to say then : GO GRAB THE RECIPE AND SURPRISE YOUR MOM OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE WITH THESE SWEET EDIBLE TREATS ASAP! ?❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
In short I hope you will enjoy my brioche hearts recipe as much as my family and I do. If you make that recipe please say “Hi” and let me know. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram . What I love the most is hearing from you.
Warm sugary cinnamon hugs Nina ❤️
Are you looking for more breakfast/brunch recipes? Maybe you would like to have a look at these deliciousnesses?.
- Antonia’s extremely fluffy chocolate chip banana pancakes
- Strawberry Rhubarb pastry tarts filled with creamy almond frangipane
- Chocolate overnight oats topped with creamy Dalgona Coffee cream
- Italian Asparagus Quiche
- Babka bread filled with blueberry jam
homemade brioche hearts for Mother’s Day
For the dough
- 7 g dry yeast For Ausrtian people thats one package
- 1 tsp honey
- 200 ml milk warm
- 480 g all purpose flour
- 70 g white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 70 g butter room temperature
for the finishing
- 2 tbsp hail sugar sprinkled on the hearts before baking
- 1 tbsp milk
- Mix together the warm milk, honey and the yeast. Cover with plastic foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer attached with a dough hook mix together the yeast milk mixture with the rest of the dough ingredients and knead for about 10 minutes on low to medium spead until a soft smooth dough formed and pulls away from the bowl. If the dough is to stiff at some more milk. 1 tbsp milk at a time and continue kneading.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest at a warm place for 1 hour or double in size.
- After the resting time put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 minute.
- Split the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll every dough piece into a 40cm long strand.
how to shape the hearts
- Braid 2 dough strands together and form a heart. Sling the braided ends together. repeat with all the other strands.
- Put the formed dough hearts on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet.
- Cover the hearts with plastic wrap and let it rest for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degree Celsius (thats about 350°F).
- When the dough hearts are double in size brush them with egg wash and sprinkle with hail sugar.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- After the hearts are finished baking let them cool completely .