Jump to Recipe
This is my favorite Pumpkin Swirl Brownie recipe EVA. I always make these during the pumpkin season and because I love using fresh pumpkin purée they are always on my to do list. They are very easy to make and oh so very deliciously fudgy. These are what brownie dreams are made of. Believe me you will never taste better brownies than these.
The story how I got the brownie recipe – short version
The base recipe for these pumpkin swirl brownies was an old recipe which I got while traveling with my family to New York 10 years ago during Christmas time. We’ve been at this cozy little café in SOHO and with every check they handed out different recipes on little postcards. Thats how I got my favorite brownie recipe. 🙂
How to make these bad boys 😉 which will change your life, haha
First of we start with the brownie batter:
You will need:
- Dark Chocolate
- Granulated Sugar
- Whole grain flour
Thats it, and these are normally always kitchen stables so you could whip up this recipe in no time
We start with carefully melting the chocolate and the butter either in the microwave or using a water bath. Combine sugar and flour and add the chocolate mixture. Beat the eggs and add them to the chocolate batter.
Voila brownie batter is finished now off to ..
How to make the delicious pumpkin swirl:
You will only need 4 ingredients:
- Pumpkin Purée
- Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice – you can find the recipe here
Just combine everything and we are ready to do the last step.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared 8 inch square pan. Carefully add big dollops of the pumpkin batter and make swirls with a spoon or a knife, creating a marbled look.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, there should still be some batter sticking to a toothpick. If there is not sticking anything than your brownies will have a cake like texture which was not the intention because this recipe should be fudgy. To get them fudgy there still need to be some batter sticking to the toothpick. Let it cool in the pan completely before cutting.
This is our favorite recipe for pumpkin swirl brownies and I am pretty sure you will love them too!
Did you make this recipe? Great tag us on Instagram @twosisterslivinglife or use our hashtag #twosisterslivinglife so we can see.
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 190 g dark chocolate 1 cup
- 190 g butter 3/4 cup
- 4 eggs
- 240 g granulated sugar 1 1/3 cup
- 35 g whole grain flour 1/4 cup
- 130 g pumpkin purée 1/2 cup
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20cm/ 8 inch square pan with parchment paper
- Melt the butter and the chocolate carefully. Combine sugar and flour and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the batter and combine.
- For the pumpkin swirl, combine the pumpkin purée, the sugar, egg yolk and pumpkin spice
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Carefully add big dollops of the pumpkin batter and carefully make artistic swirls with it using a butter knife or spoon, creating a marbled look.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. These brownies are very fudgy and moist so if you do the toothpick test there will definitley SOME (not a lot) of the batter on it when they are ready.
- Let them cool completely before lifting them out of the pan.