This is the best ice cream treat you will ever eat. My no churn lavender blackberry ice cream funfetti cookie sandwiches are the perfect summer dessert and ice cream recipe for young and old. It’s made with homemade coconut condensed milk. You’ll find the recipe for that here too.
No churn Lavender Blackberry ice cream funfetti cookie sandwich – say that 5 times fast 😉
Phew! What a long name for a treat, right?!? What you’ll find here is not only one recipe. It’s 3 recipes made into one. Its a glorious recipe for your favourite new summer dessert. The best no churn Ice cream recipe, the best funfetti sugar cookies recipe and a flavourful lavender raspberry jam recipe. Which is the best too 😉 .
No churn Lavender Blackberry ice cream – best ice cream recipe ever
Blackberries are my favourite summer fruits. I love their tart and juicy flavour. I can create so many different recipes with these summer berries. Therefore it’s a good thing that I’m the happy owner of a huge blackberry bush. For example my favourite blackberry recipe is delicious lavender blackberry jam which is part of my ice cream.
Above all a no churn ice cream recipes is beside nice cream the easiest way to make creamy ice cream without an ice cream maker. Thats why I decided to come up with my own ice cream flavour which will be a summer dessert stable this year for sure.
No churn ice cream recipes – main ingredients
the two main ingredients of no churn ice cream recipes are:
- Firstly chilled cream. Of course you can use a plant based alternative instead too.
- Secondly a can of condensed milk. I made my own coconut condensed milk. I can hardly get any condensed milk at all in Austria however coconut milk is something I always have at home.
- Furthermore the flavour. Instead of my blackberry jam you can use any other jam or blended fruit sauce you have at home. You can add other things too like nuts, shredded coconut or anything else.
Crispy funfetti sugar cookies – because sprinkles are always a good idea right?
The recipe yields about 20 medium sized cookies which therefore make 10 ice cream cookie sandwiches. The sugar cookie recipe contains less sugar but enough sprinkles to get the cookie party started.
For a vegan version just use a plant based butter and 2 flax seed eggs and they turn out as crispy and delicious as the normal version.
The things I love about that recipe:
- Firstly the creaminess is amazing. It can totally compete with a classic ice cream recipes.
- No churn ice cream literally means easy cheesy.
- The coconut flavour of the homemade coconut condensed milk is fantastic. I will never use again a store bought one for sure.
- Lavender and blackberries harmonise perfectly.
- The sugar cookies are super crisp even after filling them and freezing .
- Despite being an ice cream sandwich its a very fancy dessert and you can serve it at any bbq party.
Please make sure rate the recipe and leave us some kind words <3 . We would love for you to tag us on Instagram or Facebook when you tried one of our recipes so that we can see. nothing makes us more happy.
Save the recipe for later or pin it to your Pinterest board. We are pinners.
You may like our easy and delicious summer dessert recipe for grilled peaches with honey drizzle and ice cream.
Sweet ice cream hugs Nina
No churn Lavender- Blackberry ice cream sprinkle cookie sandwiches
homemade coconut condensed milk
- 2 can coconut milk each 400g
- 1 1/4 cups sugar you can use white brown or even coconut sugar.
Lavender blackberry jam
- 500 g blackberries fresh or thawed
- 250 g sugar white or jam sugar 2:1
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed or 2g pectin
- 1 tsp dried lavender or 1-3 drops lavender oil
No churn lavender blackberry and coconut ice cream
- 400 g condenses coconut milk you can use 1 can bought one too, or regular condensed milk
- 500 ml cream or plant based cream
- 200 ml lavender blackberry jam the one we made in the uper steps or any jam you like
Sprinkles Sugar Cookies
- 250 g butter
- 190 g sugar white or brown
- 2 eggs large
- 240 g all purpose flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 70 g sprinkles reserve 2 tbsp for sprinkle the cookies before baking
Homemade coconut condensed milk
- Put all ingredients in a medium sized pod and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat on medium high until hot and it starts to bubble turn down to low and let it only simmer and slighty bubble for about 1,5 hours.
- The liquid should be reduced to half and became thick.
- Pour into a jar with lid and let it cool.
Lavender Blackberry Jam
- Put sugar, dried lavender and blackberries in a medium sized pot mix together and bring to a bowl under occasional stirring.
- Add the lemon juice and the dried lavender and let the jam boil on medium heat for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Blend the jam and and spread 1/2 tsp of jam on a cold plate and see if the jam is thick enough.
- Should the jam be to runny let it cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- When the jam is thick enough fill in glasses, screw the lids on top and let cool completely.
No churn lavender blackberry ice cream
- Beat the chilled cream until stiff peaks form. But dont over beat it.
- Carefully mix half the coconut condensed milk under the beated cream.
- Mix the other half of the condensed milk with the cold blackberry jam and cautiously fold it under the rest of the better . Make sure that its not completley one homogenous mass.
- Fill the ice cream into a deep loaf pan, put some plastic wrap on top and freeze for at least 6 hours .
Funfetti sugar cookies
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder and put it aside.
- Beat the butter and the sugar for about 6-8 minutes until ligh pale.
- Add the eggs one after the other and mix each for a couple of minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and incorporate it for about 20 seconds.
- With a spatula mix the sprinkles under the dough. only 3 or 4 strokes.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes take the dough out of the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C or about 350°F .
- With a tablespoon form little balls (about 20 Cookies) and put them on a prepared baking sheet (baking paper). Each cookie is about 1,5 tbsp.Flatten a little.
- Sprinkle some of the left sprinkles on top and bake for 12-15 minutes
Assembling the Ice cream Sanswiches
- Let the ice cream thaw for about 10 minutes before filling the cookies.
- Fill one cookie with about 1/4 cup of ice cream put the second cookie on top and press together until the ice cream is spreaded. Wrap in plastic foil and freeze again or eat at once 😉
- Repeat with all cookies.
- Enjoy <3