This is an easy and fast recipe for a hearty, delicious and easy Italian Bolognese Sauce. It’s one of my favourite pasta sauce recipes and made in under 60 minutes.
What is better than a plate full of comfort food? Actually not much. Comfort food makes you happy when you are sad and it makes you instantly feel at home. At least that’s how I feel after eating a big plate full of pasta drowning in a flavourful sauce with lots of parmesan cheese 😉
Why you should try my pasta sauce.
I can tell you about 20 good reasons why you should try new recipes but here are 6 top reasons why it should be my recipe
- The recipe is very easy to cook
- It’s ideal for meal prep
- The sauce is a perfect base for other dishes like chili con carne or lasagne
- Dinner is ready in under an hour
- Low prep time. You only need 10 minutes for prepping all the ingredients. The rest is just simmering and the occasional stir.
- There are some ingredients which takes this recipe from basic to grant
Delicious Easy Italian Bolognese Sauce and the magic ingredients
There are 5 ingredients which give this pasta sauce a unique sweet flavour and more richness and will make sure that you make this sauce again and again and again.
- Butter. I love the flavour of butter. There is not much butter in that sauce but enough for giving a unique flavouring.
- Brown sugar. The brown sugar combined with the butter and olive oil makes a great combination for a caramel like flavour.
- Balsamic vinegar. Added Balsamic not only enhances the taste and sweetness of strawberries and peaches it also brings out the flavour of tomatoes
- Red wine. Alcohol is always a good option to drown your sorrow 😉 but no in my recipe it just adds some richness to our sauce. The alcohol will vaporise during the cooking process so there will only stay the delicious aroma. If you don’t want to use red wine just leave it out.
- Pasta water. Pasta water is the one thing I always add to all of my pasta sauces. Thanks to Jamie Oliver 😉 . The water contains starch from the pasta you cooked previously in it and that lets the sauce further thicken and gives it a viscid texture.
How to cook my Pasta Sauce .
- First we will start with melting butter and olive oil in a large deep pan. The added butter gives the sauce more flavour.
- When the oil and butter is melted add the diced onion and minced garlic, brown sugar, salt and balsamic vinegar and cook everything on medium heat until the onions are caramelised and soft.
- pour the red wine (or some more balsamic vinegar) into the pan, deglazing the onions
- add the minced beef, break the meat into small pieces and cook everything for another 10 minutes tiring every so often.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the pan and pour some pasta water into the glasses to get the rest of the tomato sauce swamped out and add that to your sauce too. Give the sauce a good stir and let it cook for about half an hour or until the sauce is thickened.
- Season everything with some salt, fresh black pepper and more brown sugar if needed.
How to serve.
The best way to serve my easy Italian bolognese sauce is over some pasta al dente of course 😉 and with lots of Italian parmesan cheese. It doesn’t matter if its spaghetti, penne or any other kind of pasta. I like noodles made of carrots or zucchini too its a good alternative to all the pasta carbs.
Wonderful and aromatic! That’s what all my family members say about my Italian recipe and it definitely brings some dolce vita into our kitchen ;-).
If you try my flavourful bolognese pasta sauce please make sure to leave some kind words and don’t forget to rate it. I would be very happy to hear from you 🙂 .
Aromatic hugs and some dolce vita kisses
Did you make this Recipe? Great! Tag @twosisterslivinglife on Instagram or hashtag #twosisterslivinglife so we can see!
We are on Pinterest ! Save our recipes for later and pin them to your board!
Enjoyed the recipe? Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for Sweet Potato Gnocchis served Aglio Olio too.
Easy Italian Bolognese Recipe - delicious and aromatic