If you are looking for some delicious breakfast ideas, I’ve got you covered. This is the perfect easy waffles recipe made with buttermilk and topped with some delicious balsamic roasted plums and mild coconut yoghurt. Perfect for the weekends or holidays.
It’s always the same. During the week everything is so busy that there is no time for a breakfast at all if it’s not prepared in advance. And yes I’m not a great preppy. I’m super tired and exhausted in the evenings and just pray to god that my kids will fall asleep ASAP 😉 . Therefore it needs to be some special breakfast idea on the weekends.
Breakfast Ideas and easy waffle recipes.
I love some variety on our weekends that means I never make breakfast recipes 2 times in a row. No not me! Not ever. I’m an experimentalist by heart which means I never have a recipe at hand and sometimes that can become the greatest thing ever or the most awful experience of my life and the life of my family. Though most of the times it’s the first one. Thank God for that.
I love waffles recipes in all their glorious variations. Sweet or savoury, topped with caramelised bananas or made with pumpkin or sweet potatoes. Savoury made with spinach and topped with veggies and some poached eggs for which I’ve created an amazing recipe . The possibilities are endless.
The perfect waffle recipe.
Until now I haven’t found that one sweet waffle recipe that satisfies me in every way. This recipe is the perfect thing for me. The waffles aren’t too sweet have a delicious buttery flavour and a scrumptious outside .
The waffle batter is easily made up in about 10 minutes and you most certainly have all the ingredients at home.
Balsamic roasted plums
I love balsamic roasted fruits. Wether it is strawberries or peaches in summer or plums and apples in fall I can never resist these sweet tangy treat.
All I have to do is mix some cut fruits, sugar and 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar together and then roast the mixture in a small pan for about 8-10 minutes. The fruit should be tender but a little firm on the inside.
My family and I enjoyed these waffles immensely and we are sure it will be a new breakfast recipe stable in your house too.
Warm Sunday morning hugs
If you tried out this recipe we would love for you to tag uns on Instagram @twosisterslivinglife or use our hashtag #twosisterslivinglife. We are always interested how our recipes work out.
No time to try this recipe out right now? No problem Pin it for later :-).
Easy Homemade Buttermilk Waffles
- 70 g butter at room temperature
- 70 g sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 250 ml buttermilk or alternately 220ml milk mixt with 2 tsp white vinegar
Roasted Balsamic Plums
- 200 g plums cut into thin slices
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium high heat.In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.Cream butter, sugar, vanilla essence until light pale.Add the eggs one after the other and mix after each adition.Now alternatly mix the dry flour mixture and the buttermilk under the batter with a spatula. Small lumps in the batter are fine.Grease the preheated waffle iron with some butter before filling the the batter into it.Cook the waffles for about 7 minutes each or until they are golden brown.The waffles can be frozen and thawed in the toaster.
Roasted Balsamic Plums
- Put all ingredients into a small pan and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the plums are tender but slightly firm on the inside.Let the plums cool to room temperature before use.
Assembling the waffles
- I like to top the waffles with some additional greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt before adding the roasted balsamic plums on top.Enjoy.
These waffles look amazing!!
Thx a lot sweetie. Its such a delicious way to start the day!