This is an easy and fast 7 ingredients recipe for delicious grilled tomatoes stuffed with a flavourful cheesy cream cheese filling with sriracha. It’s a wonderful side dish recipe and ideal for the hot summer month and BBQs. You can either make them in your oven or on your BBQ grill.
Summer is in full bloom and at every farmer’s market you get all those delicious and flavourful veggies and fruits only the summer season can produce. The tomatoes are almost as sweet as fruits and strawberries, apricots and peaches are ripe, juicy and sweet because of all the hot summer days. There will never be a better time to visit your local farmers market then now to create some wonderful dishes like my grilled tomatoes.
Grilled Tomatoes and how I came up with the recipe.
I came up with the recipe during one of our endless BBQ sessions where I prepared for hours everything needed for a glorious BBQ so that my hubby could show off in about 15 to 30 minutes his skills standing next to his grill. I wondered how can I do less and my hubby more so that he really earns all the compliments 😉 . These bbq tomatoes are one of my ideas on how I can do less and my better half a little bit more.
7 ingredients and 10 minutes that’s all you need for my grilled tomatoes
I know there are 9 ingredients but you can’t count salt and pepper because that’s what everybody has at home.
- 6 medium sized ripe tomatoes
- 20 cm leek finely chopped
- 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 4tbsp shredded mozzarella
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha or more
- salt and pepper for seasoning
BBQ tomatoes and how to prepare
- wash the tomatoes and hole them out.
- Cut the holed out tomatoes flesh into small pieces and drain some of the liquid
- Finely chop the leak
- In a medium size bowl mix the tomato pieces, chopped leak, parmesan and mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and the sriracha and season everything with salt and some fresh ground pepper. Make sure to use a little bit more salt because that’s what the tomatoes need 😉
- Fill the holed out tomatoes with the filling until full
- grill them on the BBQ grill for about 10-15 minutes or bake them in the oven at 190°Celsius or 390° Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes
- Carefully transfer the tomatoes from the grill onto plates
If you tried my recipe for grilled tomatoes, make sure to leave some kind words and rate it please.
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @twosisterslivinglife or hashtag #twosisterslivinglife so we can see.
lovely BBQ Greetings
We are on Pinterest! Save our recipes for later and start pinning ;-).
You may also be interested in our recipe for grilled peaches with honey drizzle and ice cream.
Grilled Tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese and sriracha