This is one of the best fall baking recipes of the season. These delicious cinnamon brioche rolls are made with a fluffy and buttery brioche dough and have a flavourful pumpkin and pecan nuts filling. I glazed these beauties with a tangy orange-vanilla cream cheese frosting.
It’s fall and what is better on a beautiful fall weekend than trying out new pumpkin recipes?!? I’m a big fan of brioche dough recipes and pumpkin recipes. Therefore I thought to myself why not combining all the things I love to one fantastic fall baking recipe.
Cinnamon brioche rolls anyone?
There is something very calming when I work on a brioche dough recipe. The exact measuring off all the ingredients, the proofing of the yeast and my favourite part the kneading . I love focusing on such a simple work. It’s the best way to calm myself and relax after a busy week.
My family loves my brioche cinnamon rolls. Since I made my first rolls about one year ago they are regularly made by me almost always with a different filling. But we are at the height of pumpkin season therefore it needs to be a pumpkin recipe of course 😉
Why a brioche dough and not a normal yeast dough!
First of all cinnamon BRIOCHE rolls sounds way better than just cinnamon rolls. Am I right?!? A brioche dough has a lot more flavour because of the added milk, butter and eggs. The consistency of this pale yellow dough is just amazing. Nothing can be compared to a brioche dough. It’s as easily made as any other yeast bread and perfect for Sunday mornings when it’s freshly out of the oven.
What is important for this recipe!
First of all it’s a super easy recipe. If you have already made a yeast dough than there will not be any problems for you. Should you be a baking beginner here are the important things:
- I always proof the yeast! That means the yeast needs to be dissolved in WARM (38°C) milk and the sugar and loosely covered with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap. The yeast is proofed when the liquid becomes foamy and bubbly.
- I measure exactly! For every recipe I make measuring my ingredients is the most important rule ever.
- The dough needs to be kneaded for about 10 minutes! I know this sounds like much but it needs to be flexible.
Almost Done! Promised.
- I let it rise in a warm place and cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
- I give my brioche dough enough time to rise! Thats very important! The brioche dough needs to be double in size before you can work with it again.
- Before I bake your brioche it needs a second rising which will last almost as long as the first one.
- The pumpkin filling is very easy. I just let everything cook at medium heat and stir it occasionally. AAAND I let it completely cool before you spread it onto the dough 😉
You have to make this recipe ASAP 😉
This is the ideal recipe for your next brunch or breakfast . The brioche dough recipe is super easy and I’m sure you get that done 😉 . I hope you’ll give it a try. Let me know how it went and we would love for you to tag us on Instagram @twosisterslivinglife or use the hashtag #twosisterslivinglife. So that we can see.
Cinnamonly hugs Nina
Pin this recipe for later
Cinnamon Brioche Rolls with Pecan-Pumpkin Filling
Pumkin pecan filling
orange vanilla cream cheese frosting
Brioche Dough Recipe
Pumpkin Pecan filling